Serena Chen M.D.
Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- 94 Old Short Hills Road
Livingston, NJ 07039
- 100 Walnut Avenue
Clark, NJ 07066
Healsa is not about changing what we do for our patients every day, but it is about creating a space and a program to give more of that kind of individualized attention to the patients that feel that they would like even more access and connection with their physician than is already available at IRMS. We really enjoy excelling at what we do and we feel that this is the kind of care we deliver better than anyone else.
So, having a program that takes our usual individualized, hand-holding approach to the next level seems like a natural. Healsa patients will get perks that will not change their pregnancy success rates, but might make the journey here more comfortable, make their days go more smoothly and give the patients that need it the extra support that can help them proceed with their treatment with more confidence.
Serena Chen, MD, is a board certified physician and Director for the Division of Reproductive Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Saint Barnabas Medical Center. She also serves as Director for the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, and specializes in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Dr. Chen completed a fellowship in gynecology and obstetrics and reproductive endocrinology and infertility as well as a residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. She received her medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine and her bachelor’s degree in biology and anthropology from Brown University.
Her professional affiliations include:
- Consultant at OvaScience
- Fellow of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow of the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Medical Advisory Board member of 5 Under 40
- Medical Advisory Board member of Recombine
- Member of the New Jersey Obstetrical & Gynecological Society
- Member of the New York Metropolitan Embryology Society
- Member of the Howard Atwood Kelly Gynecologic Society at Johns Hopkins Hospital
Dr. Chen has been voted by her peers as a Top Doctor in the following publications:
- Castle Connolly
- Inside New Jersey magazine
- New Jersey Monthly magazine
- New York Magazine
- U.S. News & World Report
Dr. Chen loves empowering her patients with information and ideas about their mental and physical health in an interesting, accessible and practical way. She feels privileged to be at a program that is a leader in:
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART)
- Egg freezing and pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- LGBT family building
- Offering individualized counseling, advice and treatment for a wide spectrum of reproductive issues
- Single embryo transfer
She strongly supports her patients’ right to be informed and involved in their treatment decisions, and is an advocate of access to reproductive care for all.